Feiyu WGS Gimbal for GoPro Hero Session
|Product Name:||Feiyu WGS for Hero 4 Session|
|Battery life:||3.5 Hours|
In this article, we are reviewing the Feiyu WGS wearable gimbal for Gopro Hero session cameras.
It delivers 3-axis camera stabilization, whether it be handheld or fixed on your body. It is made for the GoPro Hero4 Session and other Hero session cameras.
Real life use
There are 3 different modes to set the gimbal on, and these can be easily set with the single button on the handle, depending on how many times you press the button.
As always, practice with the button to get use to the modes.
The available modes are the following:
- The Pan Following Mode: Locks the tilt and roll axes. Camera smoothly pans in the direction of the gimbal handle.
- The Pan and Tilt Following Mode: Locks the roll axis. Camera smoothly follows both the pan and tilt motion of the gimbal handle.
- The Lock Mode: Locks the all movements of the camera and focuses on the target in front.
- The Inverted Mode: Allows you to flip the gimbal upside-down. This mode is the opposite version of the Pan Following Mode. The setting makes it really easy to shoot really low angles.
The Feiyu WGS gimbal can be mounted on an array of different settings. A popular place to fit the gimbal is on your helmet for POV all action, super smooth footage.
The device is really easy to connect with 1/4″ 20 threaded holes for, vertical, horizontal or inverted mounting.
- Tilting Range – 320°
- Pan Range – 320°
- Roll Range – 100°
- Tilt Following Rate – 2°: to 75°/S
- Panning Following Rate – 3° to 150°/S
- Static Attitude Tracking Accuracy – 0.01 to 0.05° (working voltage)
- Motion Attitude Tracking Accuracy – 0.1 to 0.5° (motor overload <2G)
- Power – 2 x 16340 type, 650 mAh batteries
- Battery Runtime – 3 to 4 hours
- Working Voltage – 6 to 9 VDC
- Overload Current Protection – 800 mA
- Weight – 6.5 oz / 185.5 g (without batteries or camera)
The WGS gimbal also comes with a detection system, this ensures that no matter where you mount the device, the Feiyu WGS gimbal will automatically detect the alignment and adjust itself to the configuration your set it to.
It is a great feature and it enables you to take your mind off the filming while your are participating in extreme sports.
Our only little bug bear is that the updates on the device can only be uploaded via a windows device, so those with macs need to find a windows desktop or laptop (not that it isn’t easy to locate one) but that isn’t the point.
The extremely lightweight Feiyu WGS is a fantastic stabilizer, is you are participating in sports or extreme sports and you want to have smooth, professional footage POV style.
Certainly at the time of writing this review, it is the best gopro gimbal you can find for the Hero session cameras.
It works very well with the Gopro Hero 4 Session, and will let you get incredible footage for the size of this action camera.
It is super easy to hook the device up to your helmet or handlebars and the battery life goes for around 3 hours of constant filming. At a really nice price, you cannot go wrong with it.
Check out this footage from youtube user “Whatdoin”, showing the WGS in action:Click here to find the best prices for the Feiyu WGS gimbal and read customer reviews