Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 and 13 Pro [2022 Update]
Every time Apple launches its brand new version of the iPhone, it causes a stir in the mobile phone industry. Consumers are always on the lookout for the best and most practical phone for their needs, which usually turns out to be the latest iPhone. Boasting a stunning, sleek design as its predecessors, the iPhone 13 and related models have some major changes in store for potential buyers. Needless to say, people are all over the internet searching for the Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13.
The iPhone 13 and 13 mini users can now enjoy sharper, crisper than ever photos with the camera rework allowing a whopping 47% increased light capture to give you the result you crave. But I know what you’re thinking.
It’s not always the gadget that’s at fault, right? How do you stop your shaky hands from blurring the perfect shot? Worry no more because we’ve got the solution for you right here. Read all about the Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 and see results come into play yourself.
Scouring the internet, you can find a thousand different varieties of gimbals, leaving you perplexed and in a state of confusion. Fret not as we’ve combed the web to bring you the three Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 you need to get the most out of your camera.
Before going down the list and finding the perfect gimbal for you, we’d like to issue a disclaimer. Some of the gimbals are still in their testing phase regarding compatibility with the iPhone 13, given its very recent release. Due to which the following gimbals and their reviews are based on users’ personal experiences with the tech. Now let’s jump onto the actual topic at hand.
Our Top 3 Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13
As we mentioned before, since the gain in popularity, gimbal production has skyrocketed, with everyone trying to make a quick buck. But you don’t want a third-rate gimbal that doesn’t significantly boost your picture quality. So take a look at these three, each having its unique qualities, befitting the needs of different people on various occasions.
● The Most Cost-Effective – Hohem iSteady Mobile+
Utilizing the latest anti-shake and optical stabilization technologies, the Hohem iSteady Mobile+ (Amazon) stands at an impressive cost far more economical than most of its counterparts. It is terrific for individuals not wanting to spend a big buck but enjoy all the latest features.
● The Best in its Class – DJI OM5
Being one of the few portable and palm-sized gimbals in the market, the DJI OM5 (Amazon) is an all-rounder. Pristine quality photos coupled with super-smooth video and an additional ShotGuides feature make it the perfect companion to master the art of photography.
● Highest Video Quality – Zhiyun Smooth 5
Equipped with industry-standard 3-axis design and generally superior cinematic features compared to the other gimbals, the Zhiyun Smooth 5 (Amazon) makes it to the top of the list with its impressive and unparalleled video quality.
Hohem iSteady Mobile+
The Hohem iSteady Mobile+ (Amazon) falls into the lower price category amongst gimbals, making it the most affordable of the Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 to individuals on a budget. Bringing you not only amazing video quality and stabilization features, but it also boasts a newly developed 3D ‘inception’ mode that can vertically rotate your phone 360 degrees spontaneously while filming, greatly increasing your film-making capabilities.
- Gimbal Weight – 489.7g (Battery Included)
- Battery Life – 12H
- Payload Range – 280g
- Main Material – High strength Nylon + Glass Fiber
- CCD anti-shake
- Optical Stabilization
- Motion Speed auto-adaptation
- Face & Object Tracking
- 3 High-torque Brushless motors
- 3D “inception” mode
- Slow-motion recording
- Beauty retouching
- 360-degree panorama
- Time-lapse recording and panning mode
- Hohem Gimbal App
- Focus and zoom slider
- Bluetooth enabled
What Makes It So Good
- Is comparatively less pricey and affordable, making it easier on your pocket
- Addition of ‘inception’ mode to assist you in motion film-making
- Advanced stabilizing capabilities for that added support in getting you the perfect shot
What Could Be Better
Out of the Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13, this gimbal is a lot heavier than some others in the same category and can definitely become a hassle to carry on slopes or on long journeys, wearing out your shoulders and leading you to exhaustion.
It offers a wide range of compatibility which covers many phone models, including the iPhone 13 (Weight: 174g, Thickness: 7.7mm, Width: 71.5mm, Length: 146.7mm):
- 56-89mm (Width)
- 3-3.5inch (Phone Clip)
There are only a few gimbals compact enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and DJI OM5tops the list with the best features and compact design to give you breathtaking results no matter where you go and without any hassle.
- Gimbal Weight – 292g + 34g (Magnetic Phone Clamp)
- Gimbal Dimensions (folded) – 174.7×74.6x 37 mm
- Max Length of Built-In Extension Rod – 215 mm
- Battery Life – 6.4H
- 3 axis
- Wireless Mode (Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0)
- DJI Mimo
- Built-In Extension Rod
- ShotGuides Feature
- ActiveTrack 4.0
- Portable and Foldable
- Magnetic Phone Clamp Design
- Ergonomic Handle Design
- CloneMe Pano
- Video Modes
- DJI Om Fil Light Phone Clamp
What Makes It So Good
- The built-in extension rod sets it apart from other gimbals like it. The longer reach and flexibility of movement can easily lead to new possibilities and photogenic opportunities.
- You’re always able to stay in the frame as the ActiveTrack 4.0 feature tracks your movements and lets you stay in the moment.
- ShotGuides automatically recognizes your environment and adjusts its settings accordingly to give you the best shot in every scenario. Guides and tips are also provided so you can maneuver and learn for the future.
What Could Be Improved
The battery life is a bit disappointing. It is slightly below what other Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 offer and can give you some issues when you’re out and about.
The DJI OM5 is compatible with a variety of phones, iPhone 13 included (Weight: 174g, Thickness: 7.7mm, Width: 71.5mm, Length: 146.7mm) even given its small size:
- Weight: 230 ± 60 g
- Thickness: 6.9-10 mm
- Width: 67-84 mm
Zhiyun Smooth 5
The Zhiyun Smooth 5 doesn’t need an introduction to an audience well-versed and dabbling in gimbals. With top-of-the-class features and quality of pictures, it ranks very high in the picture quality list. So be ready to find unmatched results with your new favorite outdoor companion.
- Gimbal Weight – 615g (Battery Included)
- Battery Life – 25H
- Gimbal Dimensions – 311x168x52mm
- 3 axis
- Variety of Movement Modes (Vortex Mode, PF, L, F, POV)
- Live Stream Master
- ZY Cami Video Editor
- Upgraded Dolly Zoom
- Round-cap Joystick
- Optimized Control Panel and Adjustment Wheel
- Magnetic Fill Lighting All-Around
- Professional Grade Anti-Shake
What Makes It So Good
- The industry-level design which allows you to compete with better technology using just this gimbal
- Magnetic Light Filling can light up even a 15-square-meter room at peak brightness
- Dolly Zoom feature and Shot Reverse Shot allows you to switch between zoom and focus
What Could Be Better
Although it has excellent video quality, there is no functionality to extend its length, leading to the need for overstretching and not the best picture frame.
According to dimensions and weight capacity, it is compatible with the iPhone 13 (Weight: 174g, Thickness: 7.7mm, Width: 71.5mm, Length: 146.7mm):
- Compatible Weight: 300g
Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 – The Takeaway
There are so many different gimbals out there, and each has its own unique qualities. Each caters to a different demographic and is good in various situations. Therefore, pick from the three Best Gimbals for the iPhone 13 to find out which one suits you best in your outdoor adventures!
Zhiyun Smooth 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9cxk8q9hw
Hohem iSteady Mobile+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMWJdb3OOxk