|Product Name:||Feiyu Tech G4|
|Battery life:||4 Hours|
Feiyu G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal / stabilizer for GoPro HERO4/3+/3 review
About the Gimbal
In this review, we are looking at the Feiyu G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal is another super device from Feiyu tech, that allows you to capture stabilized, free-flowing video shots with your GoPro cameras – HERO4, HERO3+, and HERO3.
It is held and operated using just one hand and features four different operating modes to increase your creative possibilities.
You can either choose to lock the camera in place along all three axis ( tilt, roll or pan), or select modes where the camera will smoothly follow as and when you pan and tilt the handle.
Switching between the different modes has never been easier simply push the single LED push button on the handle, which then flashes to indicate the mode selected.
As with all Gimbals, it will take a bit a practice to be able to switch different modes while shooting, but once you do, it is well worth the effort.
Real life use
The Feiyu G4 Gimbal is designed for one-handed operation and is designed to keep all the wires hidden away, resulting is a clean, modern look.
Two sets of screws for the camera mounting are provided: The shorter set for securing just the GoPro Camera.
You will be happy to find a longer set to accommodate another GoPro device – the LCD Touch BacPac.
At the back of the camera mount there maintains an open access to the camera’s power and video ports that lets you view the built-in LCD screen on the HERO4 Silver or on the LCD Touch BacPac.
The G4 is powered using two rechargeable batteries that slot into the handle.
There is also a battery indicator light on the device that slowly decreases as the battery levels drop.
You know when you need to charge them back up with the included battery charger.
There are four different modes on this, Gimbal and they include:
- Pan Following Mode: Locks tilt and roll axis. Camera smoothly pans to follow the direction of the handle movement.
- Tilt and Pan Following Mode: Locks roll axis. Camera smoothly follows the pan and tilt motion of the handle.
- All Axis Lock Mode: Locks the pan, tilt, and roll axis of the camera in the position it is in when mode is activated.
- Inverted Mode: Allows you to turn the gimbal upside down. This mode is an inverted version of the Pan Following Mode.
- LED battery level indicator light. A great feature other Gimbals don’t have.
- Handle is threaded to accept optional extension pole.
- Four modes with a single button operation
- Has access to power and video output ports
- Four batteries and charger included
- Longer set of camera mounting screws that are included to accommodate a GoPro with attached Touch LCD BacPac.
- Cannot update the firmware without a windows device.
- The modes can be a little difficult to get use to.
- Doesn’t come with a protective holder.
- Can take a bit of time updating the software.
- The instruction manual not as good as it could’ve been.
Another fantastic edition from Feiyu. It is similar to its earlier edition sibling the G3, but all the upgrades really make the newer version standout.
We found the Gimbal to be extremely easy to use once we had the software uploaded and connected to the GoPro Camera.
The modes will take sometime for you “learn” them, so our advice is to have a little play with it for a hour or so, just to get use to the settings.
The videos were absolutely on point, super smooth flowing motions.
If you are on the lookout for a great handheld, Gimbal, then you won’t go far wrong with the Feiyu G4 3-Axis.
Have a look at this video by Youth project, shot with the G4 and a gopro hero 4: