Top 5 Gimbals for the DJI Osmo Action
Camera gimbals are made of different sizes and shapes. They, therefore, range from standards handheld that people can use when running around and shooting tracking shots to stabilizers that are mounted on the drones. Gimbals are an essential tool in film making.
The gimbals help the operator ample time when operating and stabilizing the shots in different environments. The operator can also move freely without worrying about the shaky background and still achieve a professional look at the footage.
The viewer will always be compelled by the footage movement when comparing the shots of static and locked footage. With the partial awareness, the gimbals offer a natural movement ability that gives the viewer an excellent viewing point on different screens.
When the set up is incorporated well, it becomes one of the best professional looks of the shots.
The Functioning of the Gimbals
Handheld gimbals work like magic. A person can have an incredible shot even when moving down the stairs or jumping on the walls. The shots are fantastic with a unique tracking system. Therefore motors are responsible for the production of such shootings. They, accordingly, correct the movement of the camera in a given axis.
The direction of the camera classifies every axis of the gimbals. Hence the best way of thinking about the best axis is by checking the direction the camera moves. For instance, the movement of side by side is referred to as yaw. The up and down movement of tilting the camera is called a pitch while rotating the camera to change the horizon is called a roll.
The motors serve as servos of pushing against the direction that the camera moves, reducing the shake and dampening.
Gimbal has a possibility of hanging through an elastic band or a spring. Sometimes, your camera may fall accidentally; the elastic band will support it from reaching the ground and crushing. Therefore, the elastic band protects your camera by slowing down its movement. The motors can also do similar work but in a different manner. When the motors are linked with the software, they will give you full control of the camera movement, and with this, there will be no shaking while shooting. You might have seen several types of gimbals out there, but in this post, we will discuss the top five gimbals for the DJI Osmo action series.
1. Hohem 3 Axis Gimbal for GoPro OSMO Action
Whether you’re driving on rough terrain, slipping on uneven snow, running in strong winds, this Hohem 3 Axis Gimbal for GoPro OSMO Action stabilizer can easily record your exciting journey and quickly capture a stable panoramic view. The fast-tracking speed allows you to capture the best moment and creates a transition effect without any post-production.
Inside the Box
- User Manual
- USB Cable
- Premium Handbag
- Mini Tripod
- T-Type Connector
- Customer Support Card
- Handbag Belt
- Allen Wrench Screwdriver
- It has fast Bluetooth connectivity
- This Gimbal has built-in rechargeable 900mAh battery
- You can charge this Gimbal with power bank
- It has ¼” thread, which is compatible with Monopod, Helmet, and other camera accessories.
- It is compatible with DJI Osmo Action Cameras, GoPro Hero 7, 6,5,4,3
- Fast Charging
- Easy to carry
- Supports USB cable most of the time
- 2-hour Runtime
2. Osmo Mobile 2
These gimbals give your camera an incredible companion. If you are wondering what comes with Osmo mobile two and its qualities to the Osmo series, do not worry, it comes with various features that make the gimbals the best for your mobile device.
Inside the Box
Once you open the package, this is what you will find
- The Osmo mobile
- The hard foam case
- Power cable
- Quick start guide safety guidelines
- Osmo warranty
- It has high intelligence control
- It is hyper-lapse that allows the operator to shoot while moving freely
- It has an active track in portrait mode
- It supports dolly zoom
- It has simple direct controls with a new control panel
- You can quickly you the thumb for cinematic powers
- It can shoot video in portrait mode
- It is portable
- The battery does not last longer
- Relatively expensive
3. The Ronin-S
This type of Osmo DJI gimbals is ideal for videographers that shoot weddings, travel, and documentaries. However, this does not mean professional videographers only use it; if you want to bring a cinematic quality of your footage, you can use the Ronin-S for a faster-based action.
Inside the Box
- Storage Case
- Camera Mounting Plate
- RSS IR Control Cable
- Focus Wheel
- USB-C Cable
- Accessories Box
- Extended Grip/Tripod
- Allen Wrench
- Lens Support
- It is lightweight
- It has an impressive high speed with fast pans that can be pulled off easily.
- It has a fantastic user experience
- Pro accessory compatibility
- Excellent ergonomics with high build in quality
- It has eight bound payload capacity
- Has internal electronic follow focus
- Has completive price
- Batteries are not removable
- Some connected features do not support the camera
4. Osmo Mobile 3
This gimbal has been used for many years. The quality of videos has been excellent through the use of a Smartphone. Most content creators and videographers always depend on a variety of gimbals. If you are a journalist or a blogger or just a parent who wants to post the best videos, then chances are you need these gimbals. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a gimbals stabilization for smartphones that takes your creativity into the next level.
Inside the Box
- Osmo Grip Tripod x 1
- Osmo Carrying Case x 1
- Storage Pouch x 1
- Power Cable x 1
- Wrist Strap x 1
- Anti-Slip Pads x 4
- Has a foldable design
- Active tracking system
- Triggers control
- Has Bluetooth connectivity has a long-life battery to over 15 hours
- It has a folding design that reduces its size making it portable
- It charges mobile devices
- It has a fantastic hyper-lapse function
- It has active track works
- The arm design allows microphone attachments
- It requires balance every time a phone is attached
- Base gimbals do not support a device without a tripod
- Sideways gimbals require time to adapt usability
5. Feiyu G6
This is the best ergonomically designed gimbals for action series. It is compatible with GoPro Hero 6, Hero 5 Black, and Sony RXO. This versatile gimbal is splash-proof and does not immerse in the water. The removable battery of this gimbal stays for 12 hours.
Inside the Box
- FEIYU G6 Gimbal X 1
- Micro USB Cable X 1
- Type C charging Cable X 1
- 26650 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery X 1
- PERGEAR Gimbal Bag X 1
- Great battery life
- Has app functionality
- It has physical control
- Has an OLED LDC screen to check the setting faster
- Designed to operate in an angle where the gimbals do not obscure the camera
- Long battery life
- Useful screen status
- Extensive camera control
- Loses app functionality with time
- Has some motor noise
Overall, after reading about the above gimbals, you can quickly get the gimbals of your choice. This, therefore, depends on the confidence and function of the gimbals. You will have exciting shots that bring a unique flair unto your footage.