Top Gimbals for LUMIX Mirrorless Cameras
If you’re looking for the best gimbals for LUMIX cameras, then I have just the thing for you!
Panasonic LUMIX has produced some of the best and most popular mirrorless cameras in recent years. As of now, it has a huge consumer base spread evenly across the photography, videography, and vlogging communities.
I’ve seen people commenting on my previous posts asking how they could enhance the quality of images captured with a LUMIX mirrorless camera.
So, I’ve done some digging and consulted my professional photographer friends. Almost all of them had the same thing to say, “Get a gimbal!”
Therefore, I took some of their recommendations and did my own research to find the best gimbals for LUMIX S1H, G95, G9, GH5S, and GX850 cameras. Just sit back, relax, get a cup of coffee, and read my list of top 3 gimbals for LUMIX that you should consider.
#1. Zhiyun Crane 2
The Zhiyun Crane 2 3-Axis Gimbalis one of the best gimbals for LUMIX GH5S and GX850 that you can buy right now. It has tons of cool features, including autofocus control, anti-shake technology, and 2 lithium-ion batteries that will last you for nearly 18 hours in one go.
The aluminum alloy frame makes the gimbal lightweight and more suitable for your LUMIX GX850. Not to mention the payload limit; it supports most LUMIX, Sony, and Canon DSLR cameras.
It has great sensitivity controls, allowing you to adjust the settings as per your pace, speed, and requirement. And as for shooting functionality, Crane 2 is boasting 4 specific control modes:
- Locked, and
- Selfie mode (best suited for vlogging)
The gimbal also has excellent remote-control capabilities. For instance, once you sync your gimbal with the ZY Play app, it will let you take advantage of remote-control object tracking.
Overall, it’s easily of the best gimbals for LUMIX GX850 and GH5S that I highly recommend.
- Great battery life
- Handles shooting in higher FPS
- Excellent OLED display
- A little too expensive
- The app could have been better
Specs and Features:
- Product Dimension: 21 x 11.8 x 45 ( 8.26 ” x 4.64 ” x 17.71 “)
- Product Weight: 1.250 kg ( 2.755 lb)
- Operational Temperature: Min: 10 degrees, Max: 45 degrees
- Pan Angle Range: 360°
- Roll Angle Range: 360°
- Battery Capacity: 6000 mAh
- Tilt Angle Range: Min: -135°, Max: +185°
- Battery Voltage: 3.7 V
- Battery Runtime: 18h Max
- Compatible Cameras: Panasonic LUMIX Series, Canon EOS series, Nikon D Series, SONY ILCE Series & A Series
#2. DJI Ronin-SC
The successor of the popular Ronin-S, DJI Ronin-SC brings more improvements on the table, making it one of the best gimbals for LUMIX G9 and G95.
Weighing only 2.4 lbs, Ronin-SC packs a plethora of features, technology, and enhancements inside its compact form.
It’s ultra-portable and easier to hold for longer photography sessions. There are 2 locking modes for storage and for balancing your camera. The quick-release camera plate allows you to easily rebalance your G95 once you’ve moved to a different location.
It also features a record button and a joystick for solid gimbal control. You’ll find a re-center front trigger that helps bring the stabilizer back to its default position. On top of that, there’s an M button, which upon pressing enables Sport Mode for a fast-tracking response while recording action scenes.
The gimbal is rocking a 2450 mAh battery that will last you for 11 hours on a single charge. You can charge it via a Type-C port, which doesn’t take that long to refuel.
Lastly, using the Ronin App on your iOS or Android device, you can control your G9 to take photos at certain intervals. This, sequenced and combined in post, could yield incredible time-lapse shots.
For those seeking gimbals for LUMIX series cameras, look no further. The DJI Ronin-SC is one of the best gimbals for LUMIX G95 and G9 offering premium features at a reasonable price.
- Moderately priced
- Top-tier performance in a compact package
- Great customizations
- Performs well on all 3-axis
- Ability to lock each axis — simplifies balancing; easy storage
- Modular compact design
- Limited 4.4 lbs payload capacity (which won’t be an issue with LUMIX cameras)
- Cramped camera lens space
Specs and Features:
- Gimbal Dimensions: Folded: 220×200×75 mm, Unfolded: 370×165×150 mm
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 45°C (-4° to 113°F)
- Transmission Power: ≤ 8 dBm
- Working Current: Static current: 0.2 A
- Working Frequency: 2.400 GHz to 2.4835 GHz
- Intelligent Battery: Type: 18650 LiPo, Capacity: 2450 mAh, Max. Battery Life: 11 h, Charging Time: 2.5 h (5 V/2 A)
- Connections: Bluetooth 5.0; USB-C
- Accessory Connections: 1/4” Mounting Hole, 3/8” Mounting Hole, Accessory Port, Camera Control Port, RSA Port, USB-C Port
#3. Feiyu AK2000
The two gimbals for LUMIX cameras mentioned above are great, but I saved the best one for last.
At the time of writing this post, the Feiyu AK2000 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal is one of the best gimbals for LUMIX S1H that I could confidently recommend.
It’s an insanely robust gimbal for both mirrorless and DSLR cameras.
The gimbal has a nice touchscreen with plenty of functions. The stabilization also works adequately. To make things run even smoother, it uses advanced algorithms to stabilize the shake.
You’ll easily get up to 12 hours of backup in one go, which is great. However, it takes nearly 5 hours to recharge, which is kind of a bummer.
On the bright side, it is compatible with the S1H and fits a medium lens on the camera without a hassle.
I’d say, one of the biggest advantages of this gimbal is its touchscreen. It allows you to zoom and adjust your camera settings besides the gimbal settings. Honestly, it would take a few more pages to cover all the amazing features of this gimbal. So, with no further ado, let’s check out the key features at a glance:
- Designed for LUMIX S1H and DSLR cameras up to 6 lbs
- LCD touch screen, high-precision knob, joystick
- Dual module connection: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; FeiyuON App available
- Up to 12 hours of battery runtime
- Offers comfortable holding
- Quality Carbon Fiber Body
- Simple extension stick opens the door to more possibilities
- Materials: Aluminum
- Max Rotatable Range: Tilt: 360°, Roll: 360°, Pan: 360°
- Tilting Speed: 2°/s ~ 75°/s
- Rolling Speed: 3°/s ~ 150°/s
- Panning Speed: 3°/s ~ 150°/s
- Weight: 0.4lbs
- Operation Time: 12h
- Payload: 0.55–6.17 lbs
- Charging Time: ≥5 hours
So, these are some of the best gimbals for LUMIX mirrorless cameras to consider in early 2020. I’d suggest you choose one that fits your needs the best.
If you think there’s a gimbal I forgot to mention here that deserves recognition, feel free to leave your thoughts down in the comments below.