Best Gimbals for Gopro Hero 5 – Comparison
Are you looking for the best gimbal for your Gopro Hero 5 to dramatically improve your videos?
In order to shoot really good and stable videos while walking, riding a bike, running, flying and even swimming, you will need to get a 3 Axis handheld stabilizer.
There are different brands, and build quality, technology, battery life, ease of use … can vary.
Here is a selection and short review for the top rated gimbals designed to work with the Go-pro Hero5:
Compare the best Gopro Hero 5 Gimbals
|Name/Image||Learn More||Brand||Rating||Stabilization||Battery life|
EVO GP Pro 3-Axis Gopro Gimbal Review
|view pricefull review||EVO||3-Axis||5 Hours|
Feiyu G5 3 Axis Gimbal for Gopro Hero 5 review
|view pricefull review||Feiyutech||3 Axis||3 Hours|
GoPro Karma Grip Review- Life Experiences Looking Smooth
|view pricefull review||Gopro||3 Axis||Up to 2 Hours|
Eachshot Z1 Evolution Review : The best battery life
|view pricefull review||Eachshot||3 Axis||Up to 12 Hours!|
EVO GP PRO – Our Favorite one
The EVO GP PRO doesn’t struggle to impress. Uniquely designed,and is of the highest quality handheld gimbals can possibly be.
What you will love the most about EVO’s GP Pro is the fact that it features a reliable and an upgraded 4 way thumbstick designed to allow you easy control of the gimbal’s axis, tilt and pan.
With this feature alone, you can shoot from just about any angle easily. There are of course, other features that will make your fall in love with the GP PRO. Such extra features that include:
- 3 axis high precision sensors – This is designed to get rid of shaky videos. You don’t have to worry about vibrations or shooting on rough terrains anymore.
- Video Output: With the smartphone mount, you can monitor the footage in real time from your smartphone
- Easy set up – There is no learning curve here at all. The gimbal is simply put, user friendly.
- Versatility – With its built in charging cable designed to extend the battery’s life, you really have no choice but to love EVO GP PRO. Its mounting tray also supports addition of GoPro LCD and battery bacpacs.
- Extremely easy to setup
- Video Output
- Long battery life
- Operational from the handle
- Very easy to use
- Can connect to a wide range of GoPro cameras
- Slightly heavy
- Priced a little higher than some competitor handheld gimbals
Expect to be impressed with the EVO GP PRO. This Gimbal is really well built and reliable. Setting it up with a Hero 5 camera literally it takes minutes and you’re good to go (the time it takes to connect your go pro hero 5 or other cameras).
Feiyu Tech G5 – Designed for the Hero5
Feiyu started making gopro stabilizers since the first version, and they know what they are doing.
The Feiyu G5 is their latest gimbal, designed to work flawlessly with the gopro hero 5.
It strikes a perfect first impression with a neatly designed package, and is made of sturdy, durable materials designed to work well in all types of different weather conditions.
The controls at your thumb on the handle make the camera movement really easy to operate. All buttons feel solid, so you don’t have to worry about them wearing out. You can use the following mode with the Hero-5 :
- Panning mode – With the panning mode on, the gopro easily follows left and right movements. It is the perfect mode for long, panoramic shots mainly because you do not have to get concerned about the frame wandering up and down. It simply makes your work easier.
- Panning and Tilting Mode – The name says it all. With panning and tilting, your HERO 5 follows your movements up and down as well as left and right. This gives you more freedom to shoot. In other words, the gimbal will follow your movements wherever you go. Just lead it and it will follow.
- The lock mode – This is simple. The camera simply stays fixed in one direction. You move your hand and your gopro hero 5 will not move. It stays fixed. It is ideal if you are moving only in one direction in a high speed.
- Very easy to use
- Impressive design
- Easy USB charging
- It has a flimsy USB port cover
- The rubber seal could be better
The Feiyu Tech G5 is perhaps one of the most sought after gimbals today, especially for your Go-Pro Hero 5 camera. It does exactly what it was designed for, beautiful camera shots that are silky smooth. It is also easy to use, comes along with a pocket friendly price tag and is easy on the eye. What more can anyone ask for?
Gopro Karma Grip: The Official Stabilizer
The Karma Grip is an awesome addition to your Hero5. It comes with impressive buttons covered in a rubbery membrane.
Unlike some of the other modern handheld gimbals, it doesn’t come with a joystick or a trigger on the handle. Don’t let this put your off though, as it can be connected to a wide range of tripods, poles and even dogs.
As you can connect it to lots of products, it makes sense not to have a joystick on the handle, as it won’t be in your hands very often during operation.
It features a built in battery designed to last at least a few hours and when it’s charging, it will also charge your GoPro camera at the same time, so there is no need for an extra battery.
The Official gimbal from Gopro also equipped with a supercharger mode that will power your devices up within the hour, unlike a standard charger which will take up to six hours to charge the gimbal.
Other notable perks that come along with GoPro is its 3 axis stabilizer, non-removable battery and the great smooth footage the device captures.
- Official accessory
- Long lasting built-in battery
- Impressive design
- Super fast charging
- Comes with a great carrying case
- Doesn’t come with a joystick
- Does not come with a trigger
- Not waterproof despite being designed for a waterproof GoPro Camera
- Sound can sometimes be heard in your videos of the brushless motors operating
The Karma Grip doesn’t have lots a little operational buttons on the handle as some other models do, but unlikely the other handheld gimbals, it can be connected to almost any product.
The modes can be setup before you start shooting and the videos captured are super smooth. It is strange that they didn’t make the gimbal waterproof as it’s designed for a waterproof camera, but that is only a small flaw in an otherwise great product.
Things to consider when choosing your GoPro Hero5 Gimbal
There’s much more into a good gimbal than the fact that it can assist you shoot quality videos. In other words, be on the lookout for several factors when shopping your Hero 5 Gimbal. Simply consider the following factors.
- 3 Axis – The best you can do here is to go for a gimbal that guarantees 3 axis precision. That way, you can easily eliminate shaky videos and at the same time, shoot high quality footage.
- Shooting modes – Always go for a gimbal that can easily allow you to shoot in different modes. The best gimbals at the moment feature heading lock modes, inverted modes and pitch modes.
- Warranty – The last thing you would want when you buy a gimbal is to have it break down before you even use it. That means you should always check on factors like warranty when buying gimbals. Go for a gimbal that offers at least a 1 year warranty.
- Battery life – Do not go for just a good battery life. Consider anything and everything as far as the battery life for your gimbal is concerned. Make sure the gimbal has a good USB charging cable and strong Li-Ion batteries. The battery life should be between 4 to 5 hours.
- Does the gimbal have a video output? – These days, people like to stream their video live, therefore, it is important for a gimbal to have video input socket. Most modern day gimbals do offer video inputs for live streams, but it’s always a good idea to double check if it is important for you.
- Accessories – Depending where and what you are looking to film, it will be a great idea to check what your gimbal can connect to. There are so many variations out there. Anything from strapping your gimbal to either your bike or boat, to hooking your gimbal up to your pet animals!
Never rush when looking to purchase a gimbal for your Hero 5 or Hero 5 Session.
Take time to consider all the aforementioned factors.
Then always remember that other factors such as the brand of your desired gimbal as the quality of the gimbal can vary an awful lot between different brands. Research into what you are going to be filming and then you will have a better idea of what add-ons you are likely to need and how much battery life you will need as so forth.
There are so many different features that you will need to do some homework to locate your perfect gimbal.
Categorised in: Round-up