Top 10 Gimbals for iPhone 11, Pro and ProMax
Updated list of the best gimbals for 11th generation IPhones
Are you looking for the top gimbals for iPhone 11? This article will give you the latest information about the best gimbals on the market today, and it could help you decide which one to buy. The gimbals on this list are filled with features that would suit the needs of all video enthusiasts – from the simple vlogger to the professional film makers.
The top iPhone 11 gimbal in the market today
The iPhone 11 was recently released globally, and people have been asking me what is the best gimbals that they can use to produce smooth videos for the new device. iPhone 11 gimbal, iPhone 11 Pro gimbal, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max gimbal are being sold on different online retail websites, and so far, these are the best-reviewed ones thus far along with my recommendations for Top 10 Gimbals for Iphone 11.
- (Amazon) DJI Osmo Mobile 3 – Best overall gimbal for iPhone 11, Pro and Pro Max
- (Amazon) Zhiyun Smooth 4 – Best iPhone gimbal for users with technical photography knowledge
- (Amazon) Hohem iSteady Mobile and the (Amazon) Zhiyun Smooth Q – Best gimbal for iPhone 11 that is priced under $100
- (Amazon) MOZA Mini-MI– Best gimbal for iPhone 11 that is capable of wireless charging
- (Amazon) Freefly Movi Cinema Robot– Best gimbal for cinematographers who are using iPhone 11
Here are some additionaly honorable mentions if your looking to be adventurous.
- (Amazon) Ikan Fly-X3-PLUS
- (Amazon) Feiyu Tech G4 Pro
- (Amazon) LanParte HHG-01
- (Amazon) EVO Shift 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
DJI Osmo Mobile 3
The (Amazon) DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is widely recognized as the best gimbal for iPhones. And this shouldn’t be expected to change any time soon, as the dimensions of the IPhone 11 and its power requirements means the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will works great. If you want to read a bit more before deciding to buy, Wired did a fantastic in depth review 🙂
- Max phone screen size: 7.08-inch diagonal
- Max dimensions: 118 x 88 x 9.5 mm
- Battery life: 15 hours
- Rubberized grip
- It has a nice foldable design, and it is pretty portable. People who purchased this gimbal have commented that they can put it inside their bags comfortably and carry it without worrying.
- The DJI Osmo has top of the line stabilization features. I wager you will be impressed by the stabliazion effect. Its very noticeable.
- Design-wise, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has the best thought out design language, build quality and layout of controls. Its clear that DJI leads the industry in terms of their engineering rigor (2019).
- In practice, Usage is simple and it does not require complex knowledge or non intuitive inputs. All you need to do is to attach a mobile into the gimbal and you are ready to record.
- Perfectly smooth zooming is harder to achieve because of the lack of a zoom wheel.
- No free tripod, unlike other gimbal manufacturers. Because the DJI Osmo is in such a leauge of its own, I would reccomend picking up something like the (Amazon) Ulanzi Mini Tripod.
Zhiyun Smooth 4
The (Amazon) Zhiyun Smooth 4 is considered as the best gimbal for people who are technical when it comes to shooting videos. There are more buttons to press, and its partner application requires the user to manually set their preferred settings. I cannot stress this enough, do not buy this if you are not interested in learning the more technical aspects of photography science.
- Mounting: 1 x 1/4″-20 Female
- Dimensions (with handlebar): 328 x 123 x 105 mm
- Weight (with handlebar and battery): 547 g
- Excellent stabilization captured on every video recording. The motions are flawless, especially when panning the camera to capture the beauty of scenery.
- The settings and menu page on the gimbal can be accessed even without touching the screen of the iPhone.
- The controls are complex, and people who do not have any background in operating gimbals might be intimidated in using the Zhiyun Smooth 4.
- This gimbal is bulky, and its hand grip is not very comfortable or ergonomically made.
Hohem iSteady Mobile
The (Amazon)Hohem iSteady Mobile is tied with the (Amazon) Zhiyun Smooth Q for the best affordable gimbal. Nevertheless, It sells for a price of $100 and under generally, and so I choose to at least bring it to your attention.
- Weight: 495 g
- Mobile Width Supported: 58mm to 89mm
- Battery life: 12 hours
- The price is affordable, and it is suitable for those who are on a budget.
- It has a good stabilization feature.
- This gimbal is lightweight, and it provides its users with a comfortable grip.
- The digital zoom feature does not create that great of a smooth video.
- The companion application developed for the Hohem iSteady Mobile is not yet polished – it has a lot of issues which you will most probably encounter at this point in time. (2019).
Zhiyun Smooth Q
The (Amazon) Zhiyun Smooth Q is tied with the Hohem iSteady Mobile for the best affordable gimbal. It is also sold in the market for under $100.
- Number of Axes: 3
- Width: 16.5 cm
- Weight (with battery): 450 g
- Affordable price. Those who are on a budget but still want decent to good stabilization can expect good reliable performance.
- It has a good stabilization features included in the application.
- This gimbal lacks the ability to create videos with great smoothed zooming shots.
- The motors do not seems strong enough to cope with larger and heavier phones. I would caution you to test this with your iPhone 11 Pro Max + case before purchasing.
The (Amazon) MOZE Mini-Mi is known for its wireless charging capabilities. It is one of the few gimbals I have seen that comes with built in wireless charging functionality. I find that it does not make a big difference in the livability of the gimbal, but some hardcore travelers will no doubt find this nice.
- Number of axes: 3
- Weight: 543g
- Smartphone Width Compatibility: 61-92mm
- Wireless charging-enabled
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Charging time: 3.5 hours
- The gimbal can record videos with decent to good stabilization capabilities
- It can wireless charge your iPhone 11.
- This gimbal has a lot of features built in for the price.
- The build quality is not that impressive, and this gimbal is made from budget materials. So be cautioned against rugged usage.
- The companion app does work as well we we would expect. I would reccomend downloading it and playing with the app to before buying (2019)
Freefly Movi Cinema Robot
If you are a cinematographer and you are looking for the best gimbal that can be used for shooting films, the (Amazon) Freefly Movi Cinema Robot would be your best bet.
- Battery Type: 18650 Lithium-Ion
- Compatibility: Smartphones up to 90 mm wide
- Weight: 600 g
- The videos recorded using this gimbal produces excellent stabilization.
- You can hold the gimbal with two hands, adding more support and flexability.
- The app that works with the gimbal is good and contains all the basic and advanced features needed to take great expert shots.
- This gimbal is on the expensive side.
- Average users may find some of the features unnecessary.
Other noteworthy iPhone gimbals
The (Amazon) Ikan Fly-X3-Plus is best used for steady shooting handheld footage, and not for tilting and panning. Aside from iPhones, other smartphones can also be inserted into the gimbal to start recording a video. One of the disadvantages of using this gimbal is its battery that lasts only for three hours. However, its ease of use is praised by those who have purchased this product.
Feiyu Tech G4 Pro
The (Amazon) Feiyu Tech G4 Pro is one of the cheapest iPhone gimbals on the market today. It comes with five different modes which will give you the freedom to choose how you wanted to present your video. It is also equipped with a tripod mount that would enable you to capture steady videos while being supported. iPhones can be attached easily on this gimbal, and it comes with rechargeable batteries that would allow you to finish your shoot without worrying about its battery life.
The (Amazon) LanParte HHG-01 can record videos that are highly-stabilized. The natural looking shots produced by this gimbal enable it to become an optimum choice for artists. This gimbal is equipped with two adjustable mountain clamps, which makes it compatible with iPhones and other smartphones.
EVO Shift 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
The (Amazon) EVO Shift 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal has an impressive battery that can last for more than 10 hours. You can also use this gimbal to charge your phone. Overall, it is a great choice for iPhone users who are constantly thinking about their battery life. Additionally this is one of the top gimbals avaliable for GoPro action cameras. Checkout out my review of that here
What are the similar features highlighted by these gimbals?
- The gimbals on this list are working perfectly with other smartphones, aside from iPhones. A GoPro can also be attached to some of these gimbals, as the structure fits the device perfectly.
- iPhone 11 gimbal, iPhone 11 Pro gimbal and iPhone 11 Pro max gimbal will make all video recordings smooth and stabilized.
- The user is given an option to control the axes on the gimbal, and there are different modes available.
- The gimbals provide a perfect panorama feature, producing a photo that can capture 180 degrees and 330 degrees panoramas. This is a perfect feature when you are trying to shoot beautiful scenery.
- These gimbals have an object tracking and time-lapse feature.
- A mobile application can be downloaded online which will work perfectly with the gimbals on this list. The applications will unlock new features and capabilities that will make the gimbals an ideal tool for shooting quality videos.
- The gimbals can carry mobile devices that have a maximum mass of 220 grams.
Why should you get a gimbal for iPhone?
iPhone cameras transformed drastically in the past few years. Today, iPhone 8, iPhone X and iPhone 11 are considered to be the best mobile devices for users who wanted to shoot amazing videos. These iPhones are capable of producing a smooth 60 frames per second video that has a maximum resolution of 4K. Experts believe that in the future, more people will rely on their mobile devices to produce a video.
In the past, video content creators rely heavily on their DSLR cameras to capture the perfect video footage. However, iPhones and other smartphones on the market and slowly adapting the features that were once exclusive to DSLRs. Using a gimbal would enable video content creators to record stabilized videos that are aesthetically pleasing.
Another reason why people should start purchasing a gimbal is because of its affordable price. When gimbals were released in the market for the first time, a single unit is usually sold for $300 to $500. However, with the emergence of other manufacturers, the prices went down. Today, you can buy the best gimbals on the market for under $100.