Review: YKS DJI Phantom 2-Axis Brushless Drone Gimbal
In this review, we are looking at the YKS RTF DJI Phantom Brushless Camera Gimbal for Drones.
The Gimbal is very lightweight and is made out of an Aluminum Alloy that holds up really well even in the event of a crash.
Its Pitch Axis has a great camera angle range, almost doing near to 360 degrees!
Most importantly, this is a very cheap drone gimbal, costing around $50 at the time of publishing this review.
Real life use review
The YKS Gimbal takes around 45 minutes to get fully setup on a DJI Phantom drone, but if you are new to adding Gimbals, it might take you a little longer.
To keep the battery door clear on the Drone, your will need to reverse the plate on the Gimbal to place it back to front and push it back enough to leave the battery gateway clear.
There are many videos online to help you with this process and the first point of call would be YouTube, the video bellow fits:
YKS 2-Axis Gimbal for DJI Phantom specifications
- Material: CNC Aluminium alloy
- Motor: 2Pcs Model 2208 kv80 Brushless PTZ motor
- Control Panel: BGC 3.15 Brushless PTZ control panel
- Software: BGC2.2b
- Strap: Gopro camera strap
- Net weight: 165g / 5.82oz
- Compatible camera: Gopro Hero 2 / 3 / 3+ / 4 series , SJ4000 / SJ6000 / SJ 7000 / Hawkeye 1+
- Mounting plate pitch: 25mm / 0.98in
- Voltage: 12V (Not included)
- Compatible model: DJI phantom 1 / 2 / 3 series
- With motor protector which can help heat dissipation.
- You only need connect the battery on the plug,then it can work directly.
- 1 x Aluminum gimbal installed
- 2 motors 1 x Gimbal controller
- 1 x Sensor
- 1 x Wiring and Screws
There are well over 100 different selections of Gimbals in the market today, notably the expensive Dji Zenmuse and Tarot Brushless camera gimbals.
We wanted to take a look at a brushless gimbal that has a steady motion processing unit to stabilize our GoPro camera while in flight and ready to use, almost out of the box with the popular DJI Phantom drones.
The Gimbal almost worked to perfection, and that was a huge surprise given the unit cost us less than 50 bucks.
Once you have the device hooked up to your DJI Phantom Drone, you will be amazed at the footage you bring home.
The Gimbal also operates at nearly 360 degrees, again leaving us shocked.
If you are on a budget (who isn’t after purchasing a drone)?
Then this brushless Gimbal is definitely something to get your hands on. Lightweight and extremely robust, it produces amazing images and costing less than a meal out with the family, what is there not to like?